Labor laws are important for both employers as well as employees. Labor laws furnish the framework of the law that employers need to comply with and bring clarity on employees’ rights and obligations. The goal is to equalize the bargaining power between employers and employees. Thus, these laws are aimed to serve for the welfare of employers as well as employees.
In this article, we’ll discuss the need to make changes in labor law posters by employers as mandated by the government.
Specific poster requirements
Employers need to comply with specific requirements concerning the posters such as dimension, size, etc.
* The size of labor law posters varies depending upon the specific Act. For example, OSHA posters need to have a minimum size of 8.5 inches by 14 inches (with 10 point type); and for the Executive Order 13496 i.e. Notification of Employee Rights Under Federal Labor Laws, the posters must be 11 inches by 17 inches.
* On the other hand, there is no specific size requirement for some posters like the EEO poster, the EPPA poster, Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act (MSPA) poster, etc.
Font style and size
With respect to style and size of font in labor law posters, there are certain norms to be adhered to by employers.
* The text of the message displayed in the poster should be large enough to enable employees as well as job applicants to read it easily.
* The posters must contain the laws, rules, etc. in full and not in part or an abridged version.
Need of labor law posters
* Mandate by the government
Unless specified, employers must comply with labor laws. Displaying labor law posters is part of being in compliance with these laws.
Labor law posters serve the purpose of informing employees of their rights and obligations. For employers, these posters are the tools that help them ensure optimal compliance by properly informing employers about the labor laws.
Reasons to make changes in labor law posters
* Changes in labor laws
Governments can bring amendments in labor laws as and when required. This could be because of changing business situations and consequent demands for new rules and regulations. Employers must have labor law posters displayed at the workplace as required under the new rules.
* Creating awareness
Making changes in the existing laws is helpful for all employers, employees and job applicants. This will ensure timely and accurate compliance from employers, and create awareness among employees of the laws applicable to them. This ensures clarity with regard to the new rules.
Consequences of not making changes
* Imprisonment and fines.
Employers not making the changes regardless of whether it’s willful or inadvertent are likely to attract risks of heavy fines, penalties and in some cases imprisonment.
Need for third parties in making labor law posters
Considering the possible timely changes in the labor law posters, a third-party vendor is a sensible option for overcoming the multiple challenges that business owners face. Choosing accredited third-party service providers bring benefits such as:
* Saves time, money and manpower
As an employer, you are preoccupied with business affairs and you can seldom focus on compliance with labor laws. Accredited third-parties could play an important role in this case.
* Third-party service providers take care of ordering, procuring and making changes to labor law posters as per requirement. Employers do not have to devote any of their employees for this purpose.
* Prices of third-party labor law poster providers are affordable as well. Thus, they help you save money and manpower.
Intimation regarding change in laws by the government
In the event of any change in the laws made by the government, third-party service providers make sure appropriate changes are made in the labor law posters.
Services offered by third parties
* Poster designing
Accredited third-party service providers design labor law posters as per government rules-with respect to size, text, language and appearance.
* Regularly updating the changes
Third-party service providers make sure that you comply with the Federal and State labor laws. They keep a track of the changes in labor laws brought out by governments (Federal and State) and find which laws would apply to your company.
* Poster placement services
Service providers can determine which labor law posters apply to your business and provide them in a timely manner. Third-party sellers make sure that labor law posters are displayed in the correct places at the workplace.
Making changes in labor law posters according to ammendments to the law is mandatory for employers. Not doing so can be tantamount to noncompliance, and could attract fines, penalties or imprisonment.
Labor Law Center provides compliance labor law poster solutions across US since 1999 to all stake holders. We provide wide selection of Federal, State and OSHA labor law posters, safety products and employment related kits. If you’re looking for our services using the keywords PA labor law posters
or NJ labor law posters, Laborlawcenter.com
is the right option.