A convenient and effective way to lose weight and undertake a complete strength-training workout of all your major muscle groups is to use a resistance tube. A resistance tube workout can be purchased for about $ 30 from most sports and fitness shops or over the internet, and provide a great workout in the convenience of your home or office. Because resistance tube workout tools are light and easy to carry around, you can even take them with you when you travel, so there is never any excuse not to exercise!
The resistance tube relies on elasticity to create resistance, and can easily be manipulated to suit your level of strength. They are great because they are an easy and safe way to get started with strength training -there is no weight or dumbbell to drop or lose control of, and no unnecessary pressure on the spine. The resistance tube program given here should be used in conjunction with an aerobic or walking program.
To get started, you will need the following equipment:
* The resistance tube workout equipment has two handles attached by an elasticised tube. They are available in different colors, to indicate the resistive strength of the tube, which is determined by its thickness. Select a band with a suitable level of intensity for your current strength. Some tubes contain latex, to which some people are allergic, but latex-free tubes are available.
* A door attachment.. for a number of important exercises that require the resistance tube to be secured at its center point. The door attachment is fastened in a closed door to provide a secure anchor point for the tube. It can be purchased wherever resistance tubes are available. If you don’t have a door attachment or a suitable doorway, the resistance tube workout can instead be placed around a fixed object, such as a bedpost or table leg, at the desired height.
>> Safety considerations.
Before you commence your workout program make sure you have considered the following points.
* Before each workout, check for holes or worn spots in the tubing and replace if you see any tears; damaged tubes can break under tension.
* Do your resistance tube workout on carpet, wooden floors or grass, that is, on any non-slip surface except asphalt or cement, abrasive surfaces can tear your tube.
* Ensure you have plenty of free space around you to exercise properly.
* Wear comfortable, supportive athletic shoes, not sandals or dress shoes. Do not try to exercise with bare feet.
* Make sure the tubing is secured underfoot or on a secure anchor before you begin each exercise. When using the door attachment, remember either to lock the door or to tell those around you what you’re doing, so that they don’t inadvertently use the door.
>> Preliminary instructions.
* Before starting the resistance tube workout program make sure you have read the instructions for each exercise carefully.
* Always maintain correct body alignment and posture, as shown in the photographs (it may be easier to exercise in front of a mirror). Incorrect posture can cause injury.
* For all standing exercises, keep your knees slightly bent, your feet shoulder-width apart, your weight distributed evenly and your toes pointing forwards.
* Your abdominal muscles should be pulled in, your chest expanded, your head and neck held straight and your eyes focused straight ahead.
* Perform the resistance tube workout program in the given order in a circuit-type fashion, with a short rest period (about l minute) between each exercise.
* When you are required to complete more than one set for each exercise, repeat the same exercise for the desired number of sets, taking a 30-60 second break between each set. Then move on to the next exercise in the workout.
* Complete the program 2-3 times a week. Allow at least one rest day between each resistance tube workout session, to allow sufficient recovery. lt’s a great idea to alternate your strength-training days with your walking program.
* Always start each exercise with slight tension on the tube. The tension will increase through the movement.
* You should perform each exercise at a level where it feels some-what difficult and where you feel fatigued on the last repetition of each set.
* Those exercises where the tube is anchored away from your body become easier to perform as you become stronger. To maintain the intensity of the resistance tube workout exercise, stand further away from the point of attachment to create greater tension in the tube.
* Only increase the level of resistance when you can comfortably complete the specified number of repetitions.
* Remember to keep breathing – never hold your breath. Breathe out during the initial motion of the exercise (that is, when you are pulling on the tube) and breathe in on the return phase.
* Perform the exercises in a slow and controlled manner by taking about 4 seconds for each repetition, that is, about 2 seconds to pull on the tube and 2 seconds to return to the starting position.
* Remember if you can’t complete the entire workout in one session, you can break it into two sessions during the day. Do half in the morning and half at night. You can even complete your resistance tube workout while watching TV The important thing is that you do it!
* A day or two after your initial workout, you can become sore, particularly if you’re not used to that type of exercise. lt’s just your body’s way of letting you know that the exercise workout was effective and that you worked hard.
* After the first few resistance tube workout s the delayed muscle soreness will dissipate as your muscles get used to the exercise.
* If you feel any muscle or joint pain, stop exercising immediately and seek medical attention.
Thank-you for reading my article. I created my internet business in 2011 for people looking for the best products online and legitimate ways to make money from home. View our products at the best prices and learn how to market the same products yourself to thousands of interested customers around the world. Please go to Product Review at ==> Resistance Tube Workout
. You also might be interested in our Home Page site Introduction at ==> Resistance Tube Workout Business
for great products, home business info and shopping sales. There are more free ebooks, resources and tips on our main website. __Thank-you.
More Resistance Articles